Our drum school has now re-opened, with in-person classes available again! (Scroll down for online lessons.)
Whether you are looking to start learning to play to the drums, you want to prepare your drum exam, or you are playing in a band and want to improve your drumming skills, East London Drum School will always help you to achieve your goals as a drummer.
Our teachers use the best teaching methods which cover rudiments, sight reading, audio-visual material, as well as all drumming styles (from Jazz, Funk and Latin, to Rock, Hip Hop and much more). We also prepare our students for Rockschool and Trinity exam boards.
Prefer to learn from home? We're now offering online drum lessons alongside our sister school, London School of Music.
You'll receive the same high standard of teaching as our in-person lessons provide, and we've made it as straightforward as possible to join the classes. You can always move to our in-person lessons at a later date.
Every couple of months East London Drum School offers masterclasses with world-class drummers. In the past year we had Derrick McKenzie (Jamiroquai), Jamie Morrison (Noisettes, Stereophonics) and Dexter Hercules (Emeli Sande, Rita Ora, Olly Murs) teaching at our premises. These masterclasses are an unique experience and extremely motivational for our students. Keep your ears open for our next masterclass.
We also offer a variety of inspiring drum workshops for groups of up to five students. Each workshop covers a different subject:
- Learning songs by ear (beginner to intermediate levels)
- The best drum grooves of all-time (beginner to intermediate levels)
- The best drum fills of all-time (beginner to intermediate levels)
- R&B and Soul drumming (intermediate to advanced levels)
- How to recreate electronic drumbeats on the drums (intermediate to advanced levels)
- Drumming in different styles (intermediate to advanced levels)
For enquiries please contact